WMC Welcomes our new Board for FY24
Kim Barr – President
Seungho Park – Vice President
Delisia Inge – Secretary
Dee Calhoun – Treasurer
Shelley Irwin – Member at Large
The annual assessment for fiscal year 2024 (March 2023 through
February 2024) will stay at $120.00. Assessment bills are expected
to be mailed in July 2024.
Neighborhood Trash Discount
July 4, 2023
Whethersfield Residents, the Whethersfield Maintenance Corporation Board of Directors has been asked to investigate getting a neighborhood discount for trash and recycling services. We mentioned this item at our annual meeting back in February and in our most recent newsletter. Our hope is to have everyone on board, so we don’t have so many trash trucks coming in and out of our neighborhood on different days and hope to obtain the best pricing for these services.
We’ve reached out to three major waste companies, and the one who quoted the best rate was Evergreen Waste Services. They’ve given us a quote that would require 75% of residents (167 homes total) to use their services to obtain the best pricing. Currently, we have 89 houses that use Evergreen, which means we need 88 more homes to sign up to get this discount for the community. The current rates are good till July 31st, but we are working to extend that offer so we can give everyone the opportunity to sign up. If you already use Evergreen, you will receive this rate if we reach our quota.
- Current fair market rate is $102 trash/recycle (and $126 with yard waste added) quarterly. That is $34 monthly (or $42 monthly with yard waste added)
- $40 fee to deliver the trash and recycling bins for new customers BUT this fee will be waived if we meet the requirements of their quote. Bins currently take 3 weeks to deliver.
- Weekly Trash AND Recycle pickup on Wednesday – the only days they do not pickup are Christmas and Thanksgiving
- Two size bins available: 96 and 65 gallons with no price difference
- Choice of one free bulk pick up per week (example: furniture) or 4 additional kitchen bags or 2 large contractor bags. Furniture or household item pickup requires a call prior so the correct truck can be used for pickup
- Free weekly Metal pickup: ex. Stove, washer, dryer, grill, lawn mower (drained of oil & gas, etc.). Metal pickup requires a call prior.
- Unlimited recycle pickup
- Yard waste pickup can be added. Fee is $24 per Quarter. This includes 10 leaf bags or 3 personal trash cans per week. No dirt.
- Paint cans can be picked up with regular trash but must be dried out and lid off
- Discounted rate with total of 167 homes: $78 quarterly for trash and recycle pick up ($26 month)
- NO hidden fees
- This discounted rate is cheaper than the senior, teacher, police & fire discounts
How to get this rate – CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY Evergreen Waste Services – (302) 635-7055 (hours 8:30am-4:30pm) You can sign up online or on the phone. Our contact is Tami at Evergreen. You can also text them (include your address). We hope to get enough people on board so that we can all enjoy a discounted rate and less disruption for the development.
Thank you for taking the time to read. And Thank you, Jayne for all the information you provided.
WMC Board of Directors